Inspired by Style Statement, by Carrie McCarthy & Danielle LaPorte

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kinetic Man


Besides my own house, Jordan Valley Park is my favorite place in Springfield, MO. Prime water fountains for playing, excellent hills for rolling, AND A GIANT ROBOT.

Kinetic Man is the work of Missourian artist Russ RuBert (all photos are from his online portfolio). Whenever out-of-towners come to visit me in Springfield, I always take them to visit Kinetic Man. He's simply lovable!

To see Kinetic Man in action, you have to turn a wheel that looks like it could steer a pirate ship. As the wheel turns, Kinetic man's arms and legs move as if he's walking. Also, his square head rotates a full 360 degrees.

If Kinetic Man could talk, I feel like he would be a wise man. He would be a great listener and a great storyteller.

Long Live Kinetic Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bio

My photo
A happy student of Economics at Columbia University in New York City.