Inspired by Style Statement, by Carrie McCarthy & Danielle LaPorte

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Container Store


I grew up in Springfield, MO where Wal-Mart is a one-stop for most of one's needs, from orange juice to trampolines. My first year at school in Manhattan, I remember feeling as if I was wasting vast amounts of my time going to separate stores for groceries and drugstore needs.

The Container Store is a place so specialized in its merchandise that it always feels to me delightfully, maddeningly Manhattan.

The Container Store is having an Organized Traveler Sale. This exactly reflected my container needs a few days ago. I went to the store, held travel-size bottles and vials and jars of various volumes in my hands, and imagined the empty spaces filled with the liquids that structure my daily routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bio

My photo
A happy student of Economics at Columbia University in New York City.