Inspired by Style Statement, by Carrie McCarthy & Danielle LaPorte

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Counter-Protest


Columbia University is famous for protests. 1968. Ahmadinejad's visit. Hunger strikers. Need I say more?

I don't even want to post a picture of this on my blog, but last week, Westboro Baptist Church members were present at our neighboring Jewish Theological Seminary, holding hateful signs. Westboro is often in the news, as members of the church often like to make and hold signs that say that God hates a lot of people, including homosexuals and Jews.

The Columbia student counter-protest made me feel proud to be a Lion, and so that picture is included in this post (photo credit: The Bwog). The signs read, "God is Love," and that is a rainbow flag in the corner. The counter-protest was organized by the Intervarsity Christian Fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bio

My photo
A happy student of Economics at Columbia University in New York City.